Topband: MT report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: MT report
From: W7lr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:43:37 EST
A great opening, well described by N6TR VE3CU W0FLS.  In our evening  when
the band is so crowded I hardly ever call cq. Usually I put the cq  machine on
in our mornings as the band is usually deserted, and maybe an s9 JA  will
answer and then the band closes down again.

Sometimes everything comes together as I did cq once on 1819.  I about  fell
out of the chair as TR8CA with an s8 signal called me, for a new one, and
sent 579.  It also required such good propagation, and for Alain to be up
before
his sunrise.

Worked SM5EDX before our sunset, and later many regulars in Europe, many
with big signals, like SV3RF loud for hours. Not all roses, as I heard  5B4AGM
and EU1AB well enough to work but couldn't get thru the pileups. Couldn't  hear
4X4WN nor VQ9LA.  Maybe a better result was helping someone else,  as
the qso with GM3YTS gave him a new state, MT. Like VE3CU I had to cut the
evening short although I was sure by 06 and 07z the band would be still
roaring.
 As usual, back to the coffee pot.  73, Bob W7LR