Topband: Condx last night and this am

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx last night and this am
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:32:06 -0500
Greetings of the season,

In Ohio last night (Monday) was hearing and working EU before my sundown.
Several I, G and GM stations were coming through. The band then seemed to
fade down to nothing at around 2300Z. EU at 0300-0400 were weak and watery.

This morning I heard the first JA stations in years -copied the best on the
short (300 ft) BOG to the west. They were out of the noise an hour before
sunrise-quite unusual for me. I called JA1HQT and JA8ISU to no avail. They
seemed to work stations up to western PA then only west of me in WI,TX, etc.
I did hr some southern Ohio stations work them but no joy here.

Guess I need to start checking every morning.

Now , how can I get that vertical higher??

Dan W8CAR