[TowerTalk] topband info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] topband info
From: "Federico Zanini IK3UMT" <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 01:08:47 +0100
Hi all,

My station is located in a little city lot , let's say about 115 X 65 ft
Dream of all hams in my condition is to have somewhat "Magic" antenna to
work topband DX in a so limited space.
Can you suggest us best antenna(s) to use ??
Surely a tx one and a rx one will be used.
My house is on lot center, tower is 53 feet high, with insulated guy wires,
grounded with two ground rods but i have no way to install any kind of
radials or other high supports.
On top there is a hf quadriband yagi with a warc one stacked.
Preferred way is to have an antenna that doesn't need good ground.
Other thing to keep in mind : at North, East, South-East and South , there
are 8mt high , 2 floor houses very close to my garden, will they greatly
affect patterns of eventually ground-mounted antennas (i.e. transmitting
verticals or k9ay)???
Let me know, I hope your answers may be helpful for other operators.

HNY
73 de Federico
ik3umt