Re: Topband: Boring Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Boring Report
From: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:06:52 -0700
From: "Paul Kelley N1BUG"

>...the entire area is forest, quite dense in places. The wires
> are supported 8 to 10 feet above ground by trees and do not run
> perfectly straight....

Again, good to know.  If I can rule out any effect from the heavy timber
(which I can't do anything about), I can focus on the grounding.
Additionally, as my beverage is tilted up at a 15 to 18 degree angle into
the desired RX direction, I am wondering more about the effect of the signal
energy arriving at a much lower relative angle to the wire.  I dug out my
spool of wire and now it's time to talk to the neighbors.

Steve KK7UV