Topband: 2 Wire Beverage Wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2 Wire Beverage Wire
From: "Michael, Dana A" <dana.michael@tycoelectronics.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:24:00 -0500
I would like to use 20 AWG "clear" speaker wire for a two wire
reversable Beverage antenna.I need "low profile" wire because I will be
going over my neighbors yard (with their permission).  I want the visual
impact as low as possible. So no twin lead or open line.

Or maybe 20 AWG thermostat wire. I have some that is 3 conductor. I
would just not use one of the conductors.

Can this be used as "75 OHM" twinlead? I think I'll need 20 AWG for the
spans that are required. I hope to make my own reversing  transformers.
My length will be about 350 feet. I can do one SE/NW and another NE/SW.
They would cross each other at about the center.

Any suggestion and help would be greatly appreciated.
TNX es 73, Mike W3TS