Topband: QRN help

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: QRN help
From: Barry Gross <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:08:31 +0000
I've been regularly experiencing "waves" of qrn in the NE direction during
evening hours.  Typically, I have quiet for 20-60seconds between periods of
+3-6dB qrn lasting a similar length of time.  The qrn periods typically
build up gradually.  The noise is only heard in the NE direction and I
typically hear it 2-5 hours after sunset.  I'd appreciate any comments on
whether this is a natural or man-made phenomenon.

If you're interested, there's a soundclip (rx w NE Beverage) of several
minutes duration at http://n1eu.com/qrn_record.mp3

Thanks for any comments & 73,
Barry N1EU