Topband: Mexican 160 meter National Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Mexican 160 meter National Contest
From: "Ramon Santoyo V." <ramon@xe1kk.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:05:38 -0600
Gentlemen,

Just to remind you that this weekend (48 Hs. UTC) is the Mexican 160 meter
National Contest.  XE stations are allowed to work stations outside of
Mexico for DXCC entity multipliers.  The exchange is report and Mexican
State on the DX side (this time the W/VE is DX) only the report is need it.
You can work everybody again the second night both SSB and CW so at the end
you coud work a station up to four times.

The rules, in Spanish, are here:
<BLOCKED::http://www.fmre.org.mx/BASESCONCURSO160-2006.htm>
http://www.fmre.org.mx/BASESCONCURSO160-2006.htm

According to Pepe, XE1J, FMRE´s Contest Manager, between 80 and 100 XEs will
be on the air this weekend both SSB and CW. Most Mexican States will be on
the air including some rare ones.  I am shure some stations could make
several of FMRE´s awards, single band 160, this weekend.  More on the awards
on  <BLOCKED::http://www.fmre.org.mx> www.fmre.org.mx and then "Diplomas".

You can find the list of the States at the end of the RTTY contest rules:
<BLOCKED::http://www.fmre.org.mx/RULES-RTTY-2006-ENGLISH.htm>
http://www.fmre.org.mx/RULES-RTTY-2006-ENGLISH.htm

This is a slow contest.  Many of the participating stations are not
contesters so be patient and expect some conversation once in a while.

I am interested to hear your comments after the contest as well as knowing
who did you work in Mexico.  This will allow me to present Pepe, XE1J, the
international side of the contest so we can make some more rule changes in
the future.  I will also post on this list this results.

73 de Ramon, XE1KK
 <mailto:ramon@xe1kk.net> ramon@xe1kk.net