Topband: Questions on K2ZJ preamp and audio filters

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Questions on K2ZJ preamp and audio filters
From: "Jim & Carolyn Kingsbury" <kingsburys@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:36:20 -0500
I have a K2ZJ preamp that I purchased some time ago and either never got any
tech info or have lost it (old farts syndrome).  Does anyone know if the
preamp had a built in matching transformer or was it just a straight
preamp??

Second question---Is it possible to improve cw signal to noise ratio by
building a audio bandpass or low pass filter to attenuate frequencies above
about 1000 hz?  I'm not sure if this is practical or not or if it would
help, but I'm sure some of you know the answer.

Thanks for any help and hope you all have a great 160 DX year.

73 Jim NW6S