Topband: Mobile antennas for 160, also - loops dismantled,now just G5RV

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Mobile antennas for 160, also - loops dismantled,now just G5RV for tx/rx
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:19:29 -0800 (PST)
I am wondering if any of you have used any kind of mobile antenna for 160
meters. I am looking at the Tarheel models 400 and 1200 (400w for the 400 and
600w for the 1200). How efficient are these antennas? Are there any other
antennas that you guys suggest? I am looking for something that will allow me
to run portable and mobile on 160. After this summer I wont be able to operate
from this location - will be away at school.

  I have run into some sticky situations with the K9AY loops, so those are not
up anymore. Now I am only able to run my G5RV for tx/rx so I dont know how far
I will get on my WAS attempt now. I am not about to pull the plug though, I am
19 states away. After this season I wont even have access to the G5RV - which
is why I am looking for a more portable antenna.

Steve, KC8QVO