Topband: Conditions this morning

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions this morning
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:51:16 +0000 (GMT)
Just to add a comment from a bit further north.

I would have thought that the path from New England to
JA would have more or less gone over me. Well, that is
exactly what it did! I could hear a few of the
stronger stations, but none of them were much over the
(low) noise level here. I guess it may be analagous to
the situation where the west coast is working
Europeans who are weak further east.

On the other hand, CE0Z was pretty loud.

Have others noticed a major peak around sunset with S9
Europeans who then disappear into the noise for the
rest of the night? That effect seems very pronounced
here this season.

73 Roger
VE3ZI