Topband: New rules? (Was CQ 160 WW)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New rules? (Was CQ 160 WW)
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@pacifier.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:31:02 -0800
Yes life is Cruel sometimes..  I was fortunate enough to be in the NW where we
can hear JA stations very well. I had allready worked 80 or 90 of them by CQing
in "their window" when I began to hear the JA stations calling someone else on
the freq I was CQing on. The distant station got louder and louder and there
became a JA pile-up on it. I decided to give up the freq and let them have it
as it seemed very desirable to all the JA's. No sooner had I quit sending my CQ
when along comes another Loud US station and starts his barrage right on this
freq.. Yes life is cruel sometimes so we just need to pick out our niche and
have fun. It might be interesting to think about a rule to segment up the band
for CQing only with major continents/zones having exclusive cq windows but
casual contacts (s/p) any country anywhere in the band.  Probably like all
rules, hard to enforce but it sure would separate out the DX from those that
wanted to CQ..

Regards all   Lee K7TJR