Re: Topband: 3V8DLH 160m Operation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3V8DLH 160m Operation
From: Rudi - DK7PE <dk7pe@rooody.de>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:07:25 -0500
Hi Bill,

I am very pleased that we made it again on 160m!

I had permission to erect my TITANEX V160E on an "unused" football
field. When the antenna was almost completed laying on the ground and
ready to be pulled up, I was told that the field was needed for a
soccer training during the whole week...  =-O

I decided to use one of the 20m high lamp towers instead. Together
with a fishing rod it came to 32,50m and with a tuning unit it worked
fine on 160m. The antenna now was even higher than the TITANEX.

It worked great and the 1300 Topband  contacts are the best proof for that.

For receiving I used a Beverage on the ground. It could be moved from
JA to North America within 15 minutes. Also a receiving Coax Loop was
used with good results. Unfortunately its Pre-Amp was blown up!.

It was real fun to work JA and even the West Coast USA.

CU on 160m!

73 Rudi - DK7PE