Topband: 160M General

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M General
From: "GU4YOX" <gu4yox@cwgsy.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:27:04 -0000
Hi Topbanders

During CQWW 160 I managed 963 QSO's in the log, 592,000 Pts. I was
particularly pleased to have around 250-300 US QSO's in the log - Thanks! I
have now updated my main station log and uploaded the log to LOTW for your
information. Although there are many QSL's coming across the pond by snail
mail some are arriving with the return envelope stamped with UK stamps -
Sorry these are not acceptable for return postage. An IRC or a $ is fine.

I posted some time ago about my Receiving Loop that I have built. This was
nothing technically new but enabled me to eliminate nearly all the local
noise I'm usually prone to. I think every US contact was received on this.
Amazingly N7FU went in my log at 23.09z on the last night on it, nearly 2
and a half hours before sunset on the west coast!

Well, I finally got my website working again and have posted a small article
on it under "160M Rx Antennas". The url is www.gu4yox.com
<http://www.gu4yox.com/>  Hope you find it a little useful. Thanks for the
many e-mails that requested the information. If you need more - drop me
another mail.

Best 73 and Good Luck with 3Y0X!

Bob

GU4YOX