Topband: TS-830S

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TS-830S
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:29:19 +1100
I have recently obtained a "Vintage" Kenwood TS-830S along with the remote
VFO-230.This equipment is in immaculate condition,as new.
I want to optomise the rig for 160 meter work.The radio currently has
one CW filter,the
YK88c1 which is  250 Hz  unit a bit too narrow and high pitched for my
old ears.
I would like some ideas on which filters to look for,and maybe where
best to obtain them without being ripped off.Also any other any other
useful modifications which would benefit the radio.The radio has just
had a complete realignment..
Cheerio to all,Bob VK3ZL.....vk3zl@bigpond.com