Topband: Relays in *TX* array

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Relays in *TX* array
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:02:42 -0500
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:53:42 -0500
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Subject: Relays in *TX* array

Okay, now it's my time to change the subject, if slightly :-)

I need to decouple my inverted-L from the nearby RX antennas (EWEs and
  pennants in my 44x140 city lot).

In is books, ON4UN suggests using a normally-open SPDT relay to achieve
this, tying it to the (Orion's) <200ma/12v PTT OUT to energize the relay.
When closed, the relay will have to handle a KW.  My idea is to put the
relay in an electrical box as K2ZJ did with his beverage box. While 'd
love to power it through a Bias-Tee, for the time being I'll run a
separate power cable to the box.

QUESTION: What sort of relay to scrounge/purchase? There's a hamfest
happening this weekend I may be able to attend, so any quick, *specific*
response is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC