Topband: Boring report - it's not dead yet

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring report - it's not dead yet
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:16:27 -0700
The band has been pretty noisy during the past few days.  We have been
having some bad static from nearby storms (even hearing some thunder
occasionally).

Last night, I heard W2VJN calling CQ - which George only does when he thinks
the band might be open - and sure enough it was.  DF2PY was peaking 559
with very severe QSB down to nothing.  This was around 0450z.

G3JMJ was also worked - my first "G" QSO in a very long time - at 0500z.
Again, lots of QSB.

Both stations seemed to be coming in best on the 30 degree beverage (as
opposed to 70 degree).  It will be interesting to see how long this can
last with the nice K index.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net