Re: Topband: FW: Topband antenna advice

To: Duncan Lindsay -MSC Valencia- <duncan@mscvalencia.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: Topband antenna advice
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
You'll find a apir or so of Inverted L antennas with a good ground system
pretty hard to beat as a start.  The ground you put in, if you plan ahead
a bit, will last for future antennas.  Get as much vertical section as
you can on the L's.

The flag antennas, properly made, will also be a great, inexpensive start,
as  would a a K9AY, IF you build a good ground under it.

Hard to get good grounds in the mountains!!  Hope to hear you on 160!

73

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place