Topband: Preeforms

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Preeforms
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:33:42 EDT
In addition to k4kyv information I'd like to add that I always keep a  couple
extra preforms. To use when replacing or even adding insulators. ( If you
can get at them that is ) I just put one preform on each side of the Insulator
and use a come-a-long to put tension on each side of the insulator to be
replaced. then Very Carefully remove the Preforms. to replace the insulator.
I've
even added Insulators to the upper guys using this method and used them for
an inverted Vee antenna.

G. "Ed" King   K8OT