Re: Topband: Re-using Guy Grips

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Re-using Guy Grips
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:12:17 +0000
>From: "W5PR" <W5PR@swbell.net>
>Subject: RE: Topband: Re-using Guy Grips
>Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:06:14 -0500
>

>Factory specs say that you can remove and reapply the grips twice -
>apply,
>remove, apply, remove, apply is the limit. If removal is necessary after a
>guy
>grip has been installed for a period longer than three months, it must be
>replaced."
>
>Chuck Dietz W5PR

I agree 100% with this. You should never reuse a grip after it has
been in use for a few months.

I used to use an old grip for some rigging during antenna
insulations. Guess what! One day the grip failed and the cable pulled
out. I was lucky that I wasn't using it in a dangerous situation.

73, Richard - K5NA