Topband: Vertical resonance/bandwidth changed

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vertical resonance/bandwidth changed
From: "Harry Williams" <willisw200@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:05:31 -0500
Hi,
 I have a 65 ft base loaded vertical with 60 132 ft radials. It's fed with 300
ft of buried 52 ohm coax and it's been up for about 3 years. When I first
installed and tuned it the resonant freq on 160M was around 1820. The 2:1 swr
points were 1805 on the low end and 1835 on the upper end. Recently I noticed
that the resonant freq has shifted to about 1830 and the 2:1 swr points are now
1805 to 1865. Any ideas on what the most likely cause is...coax....connection
to radials?? I am assuming that whatever it is the antenna is not operating as
efficiently as it once did. Any ideas would be appreciated.

73's
Harry
W0PIY