Topband: Noise??

To: "Topband 160" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise??
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:28:43 -0500
I don't know about anybody else but the noise level here in NTX (EM12DS) is 20
to 25 ov 9. I hear signals but they are down in the
noise and even with all of my filtering on the IC-775 and the APF engaged, they
are not readable.

Some of you old hands pls tell me what do you do when the noise is this high
(get some sleep or what).

I see others working Dx and I can hear something, but I don't have a clue what
it is except from the Telnet screen at this point.

Right now I am at 1825.73 and know something is under there I can hear glimpses
of it ever so often.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
http://www.ad5vj.com/