Re: Topband: Totally Deaf

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Totally Deaf
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:15:08 -0400
> This evening I was declared on the DX cluster by a
> leading Top Band DX'er in the US to be "TOTALLY  D E A F."
> Another in Europe complained that I was just CQ'ing.
> I supposed they meant I was just cluttering up the band
> (even though I had managed to make seven contacts through
> the 20 over S9 QRN over about a 40 minute period), so I
> gave it up and signed off.
>
> I suppose I should just quit trying to work through the
> ever strong Equatorial noise on 160M and work the easy
> bands instead.  It's a lot less strain on my ears, and
> I don't have to stay up late to do it.
>
>   73,  Charles - S9SS

What are you running for gear and antennas?

Some contesters/DXers cop an attitude when they do not
receive 5x9 reports and are not acknowledged the first
time they call.  Pride.

The reality is that true talent requires patience more
than big amps and antenna systems.  Arrogance.

If they don't have the patience and talent to work you
that the other seven had then they can QSY or QRT! It
is not as though there is no place else to go on the
band.

Stay the course and don't let the turkeys get you down.

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E