Topband: Delaware report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Delaware report
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:22:41 -0400
This morning was the first in several days that I made it to the shack for
sunrise.

The band was pretty quiet, though initially heard no DX coming through. But
that quickly changed as VK3ZL called in at 1038z, then a surprise from JH2FXK
at 1047z, then JA3AAW (peaking 579) and JA1CGM right at my 1054z sunrise. VK6VZ
closed out the "run" at 1056z. The ZL digi was still audible several minutes
later.

The JA signals flip-flopped peaking between a short, single-wire 500 ft
Beverage and the broadside phased pair of 935 feet, no doubt as the wave angle
changed around SR. Both antennas are aimed direct path at 320 degrees.

While we have heard JA signals as early as August, this is one of the earliest
solid openings I can recall.

73/Jon AA1K
Delaware
www.aa1k.us