Re: Topband: Fw: Noise Limiter Help - Thanks

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Noise Limiter Help - Thanks
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 08:44:25 -0700
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:53:29 -0400, riese-k3djc@juno.com wrote:

>Thanks to all who responded to my questions about noise limiters. There
>seems to be overwhelming support for the MFJ-1025/1026 over the Timewave
>ANC-4 so I guess my mind has been made up :)

I have no experience (yet) with the MFJ box, but my ANC-4 is a very nasty
key-click generator if it is in line with a transceiver. I suspect the
carrier detection for the T-R switching.

> I got this from  DX Eng.

If I am correctly reading the text you quoted, it appears that DXE has
decided to sidestep this problem rather than solve it by not providing T/R
switching. That is unfortunate. Lots of pretty good radios (for example, the
TS850) lack a separate input for a receive antenna.

While I'm glad to see DXE come out with what looks to be a better engineered
version of a very useful product (I trust Tom to do a top quality design),
I'd be happier if it worked with my radios and the way I use them.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC