Re: Topband: Radials Again

To: 'Ed Swynar' <gswynar@durham.net>,'Garry Shapiro' <garry@ni6t.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials Again
From: Robert Marshall-Read <rmread@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 22:30:04 +0700

>From Eddy, Snip:
We miss something magical about Amateur Radio when we stop dreaming.
Isn't that why we collectively got into this game in the first place...?
End.........

Yep Eddy, you got it in one try!  I have degrees and experience and
loads of credentials in the telecoms business....but, I grew up in the
1960's in Kansas with a Novice ticket with Lew's idea of try it and see
hypnotising me from the pages of borrowed QST's.  Latterly I have had
crap antennas in places that make Top Band a big chore if not impossible
(this QTH is another one of them), but hang the wire, forget the theory,
tune for max smoke and call CQ.  Sometimes dreams do happen.

73 and CU on THE BAND from the Black Hole of Indonesia.

Bob

YB5AQB 9V1GO G4VGO