Topband: Radials, Noise, & Water

To: "Top Band" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials, Noise, & Water
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:38:45 -0500
Good Morning All:

It has been as dry as a chip here in East Texas for weeks, so yesterday
afternoon I decided that maybe it would be worthwhile to set the sprinkler
to cover as much of the area & radials around the base of the tower &
Inverted-L as possible.  I let it run for about 2 1/2 hours.

Last night I was amazed to see that 160 was very quiet, and this morning
early it was deathly quiet.  Has anyone else done this, what was the result,
and/or is this just coincidence?  Fortunately, Mother Nature is raising the
ground conductivity as I write this.  I hope it lasts all day and all night.
I never thought thunder would sound so good.

73,
Mike, W5UC
http://members.cox.net/w5uc/