Re: Topband: Fw: Shortened Radial Experiments

To: "Brian Mattson" <k8bhz@myvine.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Shortened Radial Experiments
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:20:42 +0100
Very interesting indeed Brian and this is the first real practical approach
to proving the point that I have seen in print.

But still I think this is only making the aerial 'work' and if the ground
conductivity is poor the max angle of radiation will be high.   I never seem
to see any comments about trying to improve ground conductivity at
considerable distance from the aerial.

In the UK we have the problem of lack of space and I have overcome that to
some degree by usign neighbours fences and earth spikes.   I KNOW that it
has improved my Dx capabilities, but no guru seems to want to come out of
the woodwork and give some idea of how far we should continue before it
comes a point of diminishing returns!

73

Ian, G3ROO