Topband: Very un-Boring band last night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Very un-Boring band last night
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:36:50 -0700
Last night was one of those red letter nights where the band was full of
European signals.  I heard over 25 European calls - many of them calling
XF4DL (OM3PC, OK7XX, OM5RW and others).

The band was open to most parts of Europe.  While I could't quite pull off
a QSO with RA4LW or SV3RF, they were copiable on QSB peaks.  IK4WMA was
peaking 579 and had a very consistent signal (not much QSB).  I did not
see anything from the 4X4, but did work YO2LDC, a handful of DLs and SMs,
SP5EWY, UU4JMG, OM2XW, S50A, R1FJT, G3RPB and probably a few others I am
not remembering.

I got into the shack a little late - about 0245Z, because I was out
looking at the "SNOW" comet and had to keep running outside to show
it to other people as they got home.

UU4JMG was heard on SSB - not well enough to copy, but he did work W7IZL
in Montana.

This is very similar to the openings that we had near the end of October
during the past couple of years.  Maybe with some luck, they will hang
on for the CQ WW SSB contest.

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net