Topband: 5A7A 160m TX-Frequencies Nov. 15th to 29th. 2006

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 5A7A 160m TX-Frequencies Nov. 15th to 29th. 2006
From: Rudi - DK7PE <dk7pe@rooody.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:50:20 +0100
Hello Topbanders,

after checking with several JA and US Topbanders, we will use the
following frequency combination during our 160m operations:

During JA openings our TX frequency will be 1.821 MHz (QSX 1.825 MHz).

After the JA window is closed we may change to 1.824.5 MHz (QSX up 5)
for North America, in case 1.821 is covered there with QRM.

We will use a TITANEX V160E vertical for transmitting but our major
challenge will be the reception side, just as usualâ.

We expect a beverage not to perform very well over the high conducting
soil directly on the beach, let alone the space limitations. Therefore
we will use a Pre-Amp/FES (KD9SV) in connection with a Pennant receiving
antenna and also with a K9AY system. I also will bring my well proved
Coax loop with me.

We are looking forward to meet you on the Topband!

73s Rudi â DK7PE

PS: We will make a short video about the operation and therefore we
would appreciate if some of you could film a short sequence when working
5A7A. It would be good if the audio (speaker) could be heard on the
record. Please use PAL-system, as it is not easy for us to convert NTSC
into PAL. In case of any questions, please donât hesitate to write to me
under dk7pe@rooody.de