Topband: Short Radials & New Antenna: SUBSCRIPT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Short Radials & New Antenna: SUBSCRIPT
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 07:10:18 -0500
Good Morning All,

Last night was an absolute bust here as far as conditions to Europe were
concerned...however, this morning told a different tale to the Pacific --- and
my new 3-element triangular phased inverted "L" array received its baptism
under fire...

I started calling E51QMA in the pile-up bedlam at 1029 UTC, & was rewarded with
a QSO just a scant one minute later! There must have been some sort of
"spotlight" propagation happening at the time, because VE3QAA was the very next
station to contact him...

Spotlight or not, I give full credit to the new antenna here. At the time of
the QSO, I was lagging the two forward elements --- the north "L", & the south
one --- by 135-degrees, maximizing directivity to the west.

Notch up a new one for me. I can see that this could be the start of a
beautiful friendship...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ