Topband: BOG antenna-more info ?

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOG antenna-more info ?
From: "Gary Marks" <gmarks@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 01:47:43 -0500
The ground around here is mostly sandstone, clay, shale and sand. The BOG could
run about 270' in a straight line but that doesn't seem long enough even using
a pre-amp. I'd like to use the whole spool of 500' but I would have to
"zig-zag" it to use up the whole spool.  I could run it with one large radius
starting towards the South and half way ending with the end of the wire
pointing SSE.  This would cover approx. 100' additional feet for a total of
370' max. all running on the face of a long hill sloping uphill.  I would like
to receive signals from all directions as I want it for DX and would like to
hear all stations that are available. Maybe a set-up like this won't be much
better then my TX antenna. What do you think ?

Gary