Topband: The 11th Edition of the Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: The 11th Edition of the Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: lew <lew@dsl-only.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:43:07 -0800
Ladies, Gentlemen and Others,

     The Boring Amateur Radio Club is pleased to announce the running
of the 11th edition of  The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge starting
1500Z  December 30 and ending 1500Z December 31, 2006. This CW contest
mixes distance between the stations and transmit power to arrive at a
final score.  All the rules and other cool stuff pertaining to this
character building contest is found by going to:
http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
     This unique RF clash also is special in that the contesters who
partake of this winter exercise also determine what amazing feats of
daring-do and performance and near magic are deserving of a snazzy
plaque.  We also have very beautiful certificates for the deserving who
rise to the top in certain areas. Stalwarts of contesting have, over the
years, donated a paltry $50 to the club in order to sponsor a plaque
that they feel is important to recognize some aspect of this great
contest.  I've recently returned from the beaches of ZL8R to find  some
of these stalwarts have already pledged support for this years running
of The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge as noted below:

KL7RA              Highest Number of QSO's
W7TMT             Top Score, Low Power, First time entry
KB7Q                 Top Score in Grid Field "DM"
N5IA                   Most Grid Squares worked
N7JW                 Top Score South of the Equator
K7CA                 Top Score Asiatic Russia
N0TT                  Top Score USA Op < 21 y/o & > 100 QSO
VK6VZ               Top Score with antenna in a space < 20m X 10m
        winner receives an official Royal Flying Doctors of Australia cap

   You also can join this group of distinguished RF slingers by simply
coming up with a category, that will pass approval with the
Subcommittee  on Plaque Appropriateness and Smut, of The Boring Amateur
Radio Club, and sending the required check to me at my CBA. Your call
will be inscribed upon the  plaque along with the winner of  your chosen
category. We even send the plaques first class mail to the winners
around the world.
  There are a few warm-up contests before The Stew Perry TopBand DX
Challenge and we here at the club encourage you to participate in them
whether they be single or multi band, regional, local or worldly.  Ours
is the best, though.
  Some have approached us about a packet assisted category. We feel
that at least in this contest, a ham enjoying the contest should be
singularely competent enough to actually find another station to work
along with then attempting to work him/her/it.  Spotters of the Hams
enjoying this contest disrespect what we're attempting to do as they
disrespect themselves. There are plenty of other contests where packet
is played so try it packet-less...you may like the increased sense of
self actualization when it is all done.
  More missives from The Club as the date draws near, the sponsors
list grows and the tension mounts.
  73 and I remain,
   Lew    W7EW/W7AT