Topband: Spacing for an Inv-L?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Spacing for an Inv-L?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:15:13 -0500 (EST)
The tree climber guy will be coming around soon.  The plan is to have him put
in lag screws with pulleys attached on the trunk of the trees (70-90 feet,
although I'm not sure that's how he'll be able to go) that hold up either ends
of my wire antennas, presently a single OCF (Fritzel) dipole and  a 160m
inverted-L.

My question: since they'll all be in the same vertical plane, how far apart
vertically should I have him place the pulleys, assuming I want to add an 80m
element to the inv-L.

How about horizontally, if he can use a throw line from his perch up the tree
with a friction saver over the branch?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC