Re: Topband: easy WAS topband?

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: easy WAS topband?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:42:21 -0800
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 14:39:01 -0500, Jim Jarvis wrote:

>Can't help but hitchhike on N5IA's thread about arrl being an
>easy WAS on 160.

It certainly isn't easy from the opposite coast either. I managed
it, however, both W1OP and me working HARD to complete the
exchange for RI at 5am EST, and having N0MJ answer my CQ only an
hour or two before the finish to give me ND.

Section-wise, I missed NNY, NT, NL, VE4, and PR. Heard NL once
and called a few times but didn't make it through the pileup, and
I was barely hearing him. Never heard the others. New reversible
Beverages helped a lot -- at least 30 Q's (including W1OP), most
of them east coast, would not have happened without them.

73,

Jim K9YC