Topband: Sloping Top Hat

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Sloping Top Hat
From: Rune Øye <la7tha@tussa.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:33:16 -0000
Hello All Topband freak.

Just starting my "New" antenna project for 160 meter,  and i also going to use
this for 80 meter.
Using home made remote antenna "Tuner" L Network, about 16.5 meter vertical
portion and top hat are going to be part of my guy rope.

Not sure yet, but my 3 "sloping" top hat wire are going to be around 8-10 meter.
My question is, what effect will the 3 wire have when i slope them down,
instead of have them
straighten ?.

I  will run 2.5 mm wire for the vertical part, and military field telephone
wire for the top hat.
Field telephone wire is not thick, but have 3 of them i hope is ok.

Field telephone wire is strong, so that is my reason for using this for the top
hat guy rope.
My mast is "spiderbeam" telescope mast (Fiberglass) so going to guy this on
around 7-13- and 16.5 meter.

I am not a antenna guru, but want to try this so all help is thankful.

73 de Rune LA7THA.