Re: Topband: Tripplite power outlet OPTION

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tripplite power outlet OPTION
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:15:23 -0500
> The important thing is the coaxial cable shield be grounded
> to the power line safety ground at the strip, either
> directly or through a capacitor, and the telco line be
> bypassed the same way on the load side of the chokes I add.

Tom,

One thing to keep in mind when establishing secondary CATV grounding is that
the cable is, or should be, bonded to the AC common Xo ground at the cable
entrance point.  Typically, CATV companies install a "U" bracketed ground
block suppressor on the side of the home or apartment complex.

Paul, W9AC