Topband: Mobile on Topband

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Mobile on Topband
From: M0VEY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:06:55 EST
Hi all,
        I have a High Sierra  Sidekick antenna. I see that High Sierra are
advertising a "Six Shooter Capacity  Hat" that when used in conjunction with an
8' 6" whip will enable the Sidekick  to work on Topband.
                                            I  just wondered if anyone had
tried this & what the results were. I am also  trying to find out how much
shipping is to send one to the uk.  This is a  $70 item & as such I think I
won't
have to pay any import duty.Unless anyone  knows different.
    I've had a lot of success with a Homebrew Helical  at 40' from the base
station & want to get geared up for some mobile work in  the new year. Below is
a link to a group i set up to share information on the  Homebrew helical.

Info is also appreciated on any Homebrew Mobile antenna projects. Many
thanks,
Regards,
            Phil.    m0vey    e-mail:    _m0vey@aol.com_
(mailto:m0vey@aol.com)