Topband: Top loaded antenna and Radials.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top loaded antenna and Radials.
From: Rune Øye <la7tha@tussa.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:21:00 -0000
Hello All

This question is probably not new here on top band reflector, but i take the
chance to raise it again.

I remember reading somewhere that if you have a top loaded antenna, it is not
"necessary" to install

radials that is longer than the vertical part of the antenna.

You don't win much on the efficiency when you make them longer than the
vertical part of antenna.

Is this true????.

I am prepare my 18 meter vertical, whit 3 top loaded wire @ about 15 meter
height.

Going to use this whit an L tuner etc. My plan is to install about 50-60
radials, but not sure how long i need to make them.

I now that more and longer is better, butt there is a point of interest to.

73 and Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Rune  LA7THA.

 la7tha@tussa.com