Topband: INV_L_POWER_LINE_NOISE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: INV_L_POWER_LINE_NOISE
From: "George" <goofyham@highstream.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:27:26 -0500
I'm using a inverted L that I put up and it receives every bad insulator and
loose connection in the electric distribution system. Right now I'm running
about 10 to 15 over S9 at the time. One hundred and sixty meters is useless to
me. I have to use my horizontal antenna that is not as good as the L to operate
on 160.
I was told that I need a coil to ground to help cut down this power line
noise???
Right now I have a variable capacitor in series with the feed to the vertical
part of the L to match it.
Will putting a whatever inductance coil to ground help my noise?
Thanks.
George