Re: Topband: Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle
From: Robert Marshall-Read <rmread@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:09:20 +0700
Bill W4ZV said:

"For supposedly being at a solar minimum
now, the sun has really not been behaving like
past minima...at least the ones I've seen since
being on 160."
--------------------

Yep, I agree!  Back in the mid 80's when Top Band was beginning to become an
obsession and DXCC was a one year project from the back garden of a Surrey
apartment in the south of England with bad antennas, it was easy. This
minimum (albeit from the propagation black hole of the world) has proven
much more difficult.  Two or even four years ago in Europe I think most
DX'ers on Top Band will agree it was better than the past 12 months have
been in this 'minimum'.

Time will tell, but this is not what we all expected.

73

Bob

YB5AQB  9V1GO