[CQ-Contest] The 11th Edition of The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The 11th Edition of The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: lew <lew@dsl-only.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:25:43 -0800
Contesters, DXers, and lesser life forms,

    The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge is upon us. Now is the time to
go do those 160M chores that you
have been putting off. You have been very good this Holiday season so
you deserve a nocturnal RF break. Join The Boring Amateur Radio Club for this
160M DX contest. The information with rules and other cool stuff is found at:
http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
    The Hams listed below are the backbone of serious contesting. They have
proposed a category and paid a paltry $50 to stimulate competition for this
epic 160M clash of contesting's Greats. You also may do the same, but time
is running out. We appreciate everyone who has sent in their check for their
sponsored plaque and would also appreciate those who haven't quite gotten
around to it to also to send that check in.Plaques don't grow on trees,you know.
    This year's plaques and Sponsors are:

KL7RA               Highest Number of QSO's
W7TMT               Top Score, Low Power, First time entry
KB7Q                Top Score in Grid Field "DM"
N5IA                Most Grid Squares worked
N7JW                Top Score South of the Equator
K7CA                Top Score Asiatic Russia
N0TT                Top Score USA Op < 21 y/o & > 100 QSO
VK6VZ               Top Score with antenna in a space < 20m X 10m
       winner receives an official Royal Flying Doctors of Australia cap
NA0Y                Top Score USA
K1PX                Top Score, Low Power, Europe
K7FL                Top Score 100% Search and Pounce
K8ND                Top Score, Single Op, Caribbean
N7KQ                Top Score Central/South America
GMCC                Top Score by Station >4000' above sea level- High Power
GMCC                Top Score by Station >4000' above sea level- Low Power
   GMCC= Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
KR2Q                Top Score with Golden Log (no busts)
N9ADG               Top Score World
WA2DFI              Top Score VE
W2GD Team           Top Score High Power Europe
AE6RF               Third Lowest score by a First Time Entrant(Ya Got Heart,
Rookie)
AC6DD               Top Score by Portable Station within own Country
KI7Y                Top JA Score (Sandy Lynch W7BX/7J1ABV Memorial)
N2WN                Top Low Power or QRP Score by self constructed or modified
Radio
VE3KZ               Top Number of QSOs Stew Perry and RAC Combined
KB5NJD              Top Number of Unique Grid Squares utilizing Vertical < 10m
tall
N6TR                Top Score with TX speed never > 18wpm
W7EW                Top Score 100% S & P
K8BB                Top Score by a Mad River Radio Club Member
KK9K                Calcutta Award: Top Score by a Single Op, low or high
power, operated
                   by station owner located in either Ontario or upper
pennisula of
                   Michigan both west of 86 degrees west longitude, or
Manitoba, Wisconsin,
                   Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota
K7RAT               Top Score Single Op, High power and QRP combined using 2
callsigns

     The Boring Amateur Radio Club is very pleased with the support and
activity that the contesting
community has shown concerning The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge. We
encourage everyone to give
this contest a try regardless of your skill in contesting or CW. I have to now
go put some fertilizer
on my fir tree that has my wire in it to get it up a bit higher. Every little
bit helps!
    73 and I remain,
    Lew    W7EW/W7AT
    The Boring Amateur Radio Club