Re: Topband: Stew Perry Thank-you

To: k3hx@juno.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Thank-you
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:51:38 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2006 7:30:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k3hx@juno.com writes:

Thanks to all the good folk who slowed down when they came back to

me so I could more easily copy the grid report.

I'm always amazed with the obvious good will and sportsmanship shown by so
many in the Stew - quite unique to other contests to be sure!   I was
attempting to work N6TR around 1030 or so and had to repeat my call and grid
squad
MANY times over 5 minutes or so for the Q.   N6TR was as patient  as a saint
and
a number of stations who initally anwered his CQ waited like  gentlemen for
me to finally get through.  Also nice to hear so many "73"  and other good
wishes at the end of many contest Q's instead of the usual rabid  dog blastover
the next CQ TEST within nanoseconds of the Q.     Stew would be pleased ...
just wish he try harder to improve the  propagation for us...   73 W2PM