Re: Topband: Need advice

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Need advice
From: John Bastin <bastinj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:52:41 -0500
On Jan 7, 2007, at 3:10 PM, peter dixon wrote:

> Hi I'm just about to go broadband here and am contemplating a wireless
> connection because we use two computers most of the time....will I
> cause it
> any trouble from my 400w on Topband and will it give me any
> trouble?..IT
> ignorant.. is there another way to go ie non wireless?

I have my hamshack computer and four other computers in the house all
connected to an 802.11g wireless network and connected to our
broadband cable Internet connection. I'm running up to 500 watts on
everything from topband through 10 meters and see absolutely no
effect on the wireless network, and I'm aware of no noise or
interference from the wireless network to my radio operation.

Enjoy your broadband!

73,

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com