Topband: Coax cable for decoupling Toriods

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Coax cable for decoupling Toriods
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:05:48 -0400

Topbanders:

I have a few TDK large diameter 3" Ferrite Toroids and would like to convert
them into decoupling common mode chokes for my Beverage feed points to
decouple RG6 runs. I have wrapped several with RG-6 but noticed I could make a
neater coil with more turns if I used some rugged plenum cable which I have.(I
got several surplus 50 footers with BNC connectors already attached from a
Video Camera installation.)

The only problem is that I have no idea what the impedance could be, even
though most video installs in the past I know about use 75 ohm cable.  The
cable is marked as Montrose CBL6719 #26 gauge AWB.  I have made several trips
to the search engine but have come up empty with any spec on this cable.  I
looks and dress well on the large ferrite circular cores...so if there is any
information out there on this cable please let me know.

Thanks,

Herb Scheonbohm, KV4FZ

----- End forwarded message -----