Re: Topband: DXpedition Advice for Anyone

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DXpedition Advice for Anyone
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:39:46 -0600
Subject: Topband: DXpedition Advice for Anyone

Oh how I echo those wise words below Tom!

Case in point was Vernon's recent operation from CE1:-
a) Nice steady CW - not fast, not slow
b) My callsign at beginning followed by report sent 3 times
followed by my callsign at the end
c) Acknowledgement of my report, a 73 and de CE1/K7CA

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

I would suggest a modification where my callsign is sent
twice at the beginning followed by the report no more than 2
times followed by my callsign at the end.
And where my callsign needs correction send it twice again
rather than sending cfm.
There are lids tuning up or transmitting on the transmit
freq because they are lids or because the DX station didn't
indicate it was listening up.

Doug/VA5DX

Date: 1/11/2007 3:33 PM