Topband: RADAR or whatever

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RADAR or whatever
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:16:44 -0500
Ken K4ZW was nice enough to send me a file of the QRM.

http://www.w8ji.com/WAVE/Dragon/JT1CO_Jammer.WAV

Unfortunately it looks like I either need a much wider
bandwidth file or an oscilloscope snapshot  of several
pulses with very wide bandwidth (perhaps 100kHz).

I need a time-domain picture of the waveform through a very
wide filter to see if it is blankable. Right now it looks
like a normal noise blanker would have little or no effect
on the signal.

If there is anyone who can get a 100kHz bandwidth time
domain (oscilloscope) snapshot of the signal or a recording
of the signal through a 100kHz wide IF system and detector
then we will know if it is fixable through blanking. It all
has to come through a very wide bandwidth system. Once it
goes through a 6kHz filter it is not fixable with blanking,
so at least we know that much.

73 Tom