Re: Topband: Message From XU7ACY

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Message From XU7ACY
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:34:10 -0500
        Several asked about Peter's operating
habits, etc. so I'm responding to all together.
He's usually around 1820.5 plus or minus and
is QRV at Sihanoukville sunset and sunrise.
Those times are 1107z and 2329z for today.
The paths to that area are often via long path
here but could be different for Northeast NA.  I've
heard him twice near his sunrise via the SSE
LP direction.  I've not heard him at his sunset
yet but did work XU7ACB (op Dick N6FF) via
the SSW LP after his sunset in 2001.  Peter
has been to XU several years but this is the
first time I've been able to hear him.  He seems
to have a good TX and RX setup this time.  I
think his NE/SW Beverage is not terminated,
which is probably why he could hear my
signal via LP (i.e. SSW from his QTH at his
sunrise).  If he only has the one Beverage, it
is unlikely he will be able to hear LP signals
before our sunrise which should be SSE from
his QTH, but I would watch both times.

                        73 & GL!

                        Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Here's a greyline plot of the morning
LP for my 2001 QSO with XU7ACB:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/xu7acb.htm