Re: Topband: RG6 Coax FEED for Beverage ??

To: carsten.esch@appello.de
Subject: Re: Topband: RG6 Coax FEED for Beverage ??
From: "Deni, F5VJC" <foxfive.vjc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:28:28 +0100
Carsten Esch wrote:
> I understand a good and economic feeder for a Beverage antenna is the
> "Direct burial Flooded coaxial cable" type RG6... I'm looking for 200
> Metres anyone know of a source in Europe? I would need to buy this
> mail order, maybe Ebay?
>
> Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks Carsten, you are right of course,  almost ANY SAT tv cable will
do, however the differing qualities of these are hard to determine,
before you order by mail.

I understand there is an RG6 cable for SAT tv that is specially designed
for direct unprotected burial in the ground, this is known as "Flooded
cable" I've never seen this but it seems to be freely available in the USA.

I guess I will contact my local Sat tv installer and see what is
available in France.

73,Deni
F5VJC