Topband: ZL top band window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZL top band window
From: "RonSpencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:23:05 -0500
The idea of having ZL transmit somewhere around 1810 and listening up is
good except I don't think it would ever work in a contest, especially a 160
only contest. I just don't think there is any way the listening frequency
would stay clear. In this past contest finding a clear frequency to call CQ
below 1850 was, at least for me, a real challenge. A fine idea but I think
difficult to implement.

On the other hand I found it rare that the 1830 to 1835 window was "full".
It was pretty empty during the east coast sun rise times. Perhaps listening
in that range at US sun rise would work well? Not sure how to do make it
work for the rest of the world.....

Ron
N4XD