Re: Topband: Wonderpole

To: indians@xsmail.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wonderpole
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:59:52 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2007 3:15:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
indians@xsmail.com writes:

Hi,

if You are interested in poles then trz to visit  http://topband.blog.cz
where I tried to summary the poles offered on  market. Maybe it will
help...

73 Petr OK1RP

W2PM replies:

Also see  _http://www.tmastco.com/TelepolePage.htm_
(http://www.tmastco.com/TelepolePage.htm)

for heavy wall fibreglass masts - 3/32 inch wall ("Extra Heavy Duty)  altho
32 ft max length.  I have installed field antennas with a 33 ft  mast but took
it up a large tree around 20 ft level  where I tied it  to the trunk thus
getting more height.   BTW the Wonderpole  will bend considerably in a Inv L
configuration and you'll have to use  considerable anchoring of the mast
because of
that - but be careful not to pass  the fracture point.  I've found that about
9 ft from the tip the last few  sections are very springy on these.  I don't
know how spring the 3/32 thick  wall would be.